Satan is a liar and the father of lies. His techniques don't change much. On this you can rely! He still does what he did in the garden in our minds. He and his minions plant thoughts to cause us to doubt God's love for us, and His power to save.
Gen 3:1 AMP NOW THE serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he [Satan] said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden? [Rev 12:9-11.] 2 And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat the fruit from the trees of the garden, 3 Except the fruit from the tree which is in the middle of the garden. God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die. 4 But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die, [2 Cor 11:3.] 5 For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing the difference between good and evil and blessing and calamity.
Matt 14:31-32 NKJV 31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" 32 And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased.
Matt 21:21-22 NKJV 21 So Jesus answered and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' it will be done. 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Mark 11:23-24 AMP 23 Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him. 24 For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it].
James 1:5-8 AMP 5 If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him. 6 Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting). For the one who wavers (hesitates, doubts) is like the billowing surge out at sea that is blown hither and thither and tossed by the wind. 7 For truly, let not such a person imagine that he will receive anything [he asks for] from the Lord, 8 [For being as he is] a man of two minds (hesitating, dubious, irresolute), [he is] unstable and unreliable and uncertain about everything [he thinks, feels, decides].
Description and Meaning: Doubts
[OE. duten, douten, OF. duter, doter, douter, F. douter, fr. L. dubitare; akin to dubius doubtful. See Dubious.]
1. To waver in opinion or judgment; to be in uncertainty as to belief respecting anything; to hesitate in belief; to be undecided as to the truth of the negative or the affirmative proposition; to be undetermined.
2. To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive. [Obs.]
Synonyms -- To waver; vacillate; fluctuate; hesitate; demur; scruple; question.
Doubt (Doubt), v. t.
1. To question or hold questionable; to withhold assent to; to hesitate to believe, or to be inclined not to believe; to withhold confidence from; to distrust; as, I have heard the story, but I doubt the truth of it.
2. To suspect; to fear; to be apprehensive of. [Obs.] "Edmond [was a] good man and doubted God." R. of Gloucester.
3. To fill with fear; to affright.
Doubt (Doubt), n.
1. A fluctuation of mind arising from defect of knowledge or evidence; uncertainty of judgment or mind; unsettled state of opinion concerning the reality of an event, or the truth of an assertion, etc.; hesitation.
2. Uncertainty of condition. "Thy life shall hang in doubt before thee." Deut. xxviii. 66.
3. Suspicion; fear; apprehension; dread.
4. Difficulty expressed or urged for solution; point unsettled; objection.
-- No doubt, undoubtedly; without doubt.
-- Out of doubt, beyond doubt.
Synonyms -- Uncertainty; hesitation; suspense; indecision; irresolution; distrust; suspicion; scruple; perplexity; ambiguity; skepticism.
I choose to believe in what You say in Your Word over anything said by others, or anything said by the enemy to cause doubt in my mind. I will take every thought captive to the Lord Jesus Christ. Bind my mind to the mind of Christ, and My heart to the heart of Christ, and my will to the will of Christ, today and everyday, that I may do according to Your Word and Your words of life to me. Help me to have a believing heart and to cast down all vain imaginations of Your lack of love for me presented to me by Satan. Help me to overcome all doubt and unbelief, that would keep me from receiving the inheritance that is mine in Christ Jesus ! Help me to EXPECT Your words to me to come to pass. Help me to EXPECT blessing in my life. Help me to EXPECT TRUTH to prevail if I hold on to Your logos or Your rhema words to me. I rebuke all doubt, skepticism and unbelief away from me. I will hold to YOUR WORDS to me Lord, that I may receive LIFE, and life abundantly.