What does it mean to become a "Partner" with Upstream Ministries?
Paul wrote to the brethren at Philippi:
Phil 1:3-5 AMP " I thank my God in all my remembrance of you. 4 In every prayer of mine I always make my entreaty and petition for you all with joy (delight). 5 [ I thank my God] for your fellowship ( your sympathetic cooperation and contributions and partnership) in advancing the good news (the Gospel) from the first day [you heard it] until now."
There are several ways that our partners may participate with us in this work of "feeding His lambs" and evangelism to the nations. The first and foremost way of participating with us is through prayer.
Phil 1:19-21 AMP " For I am well assured and indeed know that through your prayers and a bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ (the Messiah) this will turn out for my preservation (for the spiritual health and welfare of my own soul) and avail toward the saving work of the Gospel. 20 This is in keeping with my own eager desire and persistent expectation and hope, that I shall not disgrace myself nor be put to shame in anything; but that with the utmost freedom of speech and unfailing courage, now as always heretofore, Christ (the Messiah) will be magnified and get glory and praise in this body of mine and be boldly exalted in my person, whether through (by) life or through (by) death. 21 For me to live is Christ [His life in me], and to die is gain [ the gain of the glory of eternity ]."
From time to time Upstream Ministries will send our partners specific prayer requests regarding ministries overseas we partner with, or projects the Lord has given us to do, and that kind of thing. In addition, I want to ask that our partners pray on a regular basis that I remain pure and single minded in my calling, always abounding in God's wisdom, love, understanding, peace, favor and grace, and that those who join with us to work in the harvest, will be of the same heart and character.
If you feel the Lord tugging at your heart to "participate" in the gospel with me through the avenue of prayer, please email me to let me know and I will put you on a special email list for partners. It is not necessary to commit to anything other than prayer to become a partner with us. Know that I will be praying for you also, as Paul prayed for his partners.
A second way that our partners may support us is through the avenue of financial donations. I normally never ask for donations because the Lord told me that He, Himself, would speak to the hearts of the people He chose to support this ministry and the needs of the ministry.
If the Lord speaking to your heart to help support us in the work of advancing the gospel in ministering to the poor, broken and orphans, and with world evangelism, healing ministry and teaching, then please just send an email if you wish to commit to this at email@example.com
Some might ask, "How will I know if He is speaking to my heart to do so?" The number one way that God speaks to His people is through the inner witness. It is the same place within you where the Holy Spirit prompts you to "forgive" someone or to "pray" for someone. If He is speaking in your heart to participate with us financially, there will come this "desire" within you to do so. If it is truly Him speaking to your heart, the desire will grow and grow until you no longer have any doubt that He is prompting you to do so. "Whatever He says to you … do it!" (John 2:5)
[ One note of caution for those desiring to make contributions using their credit card. Please, do not go into debt in order to send a donation through paypal. The paypal service is for your convenience only. It is especially helpful for those wonderful overseas friends and partners of ours who want to participate financially in the work of the ministry. ]
There have been a few preachers that have taken "sowing a seed to meet your need" to the extreme of recommending that you should do so even if you have
to go into debt in order to give! There is no such principle in the bible. What
I have found is:
2 Cor 8:12-13 AMP "For if the [eager] readiness to give is there, then it is acceptable and welcomed in proportion to what a person has, not according to what he does not have. 13 For it is not [intended] that other people be eased and relieved [of their responsibility] and you be burdened and suffer [unfairly],
God knows that in your heart you would like to give more than what you may "have" to give at this moment. He knows your heart and He also knows what you actually have to give. He accepts your gift according to what you have … not according to what you don't have. Therefore, it is foolishness to think you should go into debt in order to give an "acceptable" offering. "
As for me, I thank God for His faithfulness in speaking to the hearts of the people who have supported, and will support the work of this ministry. I also thank each and every one of you who not only recognize His speaking in your
heart to give, but who are also obedient to do so. My prayer for you is that
you receive God's abundantly great Grace in every area of your lives. The
word also says that he who receives a prophet reaps a prophet’s reward.
The following activities represent our present involvement:
* Outreach to youth here in California, and a chatroom for youth who desire to go to the nations at www.upstream.org/chat.html. This is international in scope as the Lord has shown us to partner young adults with the mature in teams to go to the nations. So older prophets, and younger can chat here and ask questions, share
* Orphans and street children of the world. We have helped support ministries to orphans in Pakistan, India and Kenya, and a programs for street children in Russia’s far east.
* We also have helped support a discipleship training center for young adults in north central India who is sending out spirit filled young adults in that nation to plant churches and who are moving in prophetic/apostolic power.
* Training people, especially youth in the prophetic/apostolic ministries through
* Encouraging the arts ie poetry and music, in raising up the tabernacle of David in the earth - teaching intimacy with Jesus.
Areas we wish to expand:
* Ministry to AIDS victims through bags of groceries from health food store or certificates that can be redeemed at the health food store. It is vital for HIV positive people to have organic food diet, and herbal remedies that are not always available through AIDS organizations.
* Helping ministries reaching out to unreached people groups.
* Recovery Healing ministry to the broken, abused and addicted.
* Expanding care of orphans and youth throughout the nations
* Apostolic teams reaching out in prophetic healing evangelism, partnering with other ministries who are like minded.